FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What would you like to know?
Do you deliver and collect the vintage china and is there a minimum order?
I offer a very simple deal, £3 per head. This truly is a bargain! In some circumstances I may be able to deliver, but this would have to be agreed and arranged, there would be an additional charge for this. I am very flexile with dates and times for the collection and return of my collection. I am also happy for them to be collected/ returned by a friend or family member as long as this is pre-arranged. Minimum order is for 10 people, and I can cater all the way up to 200 guests.
How much do the items cost to hire?
Simple £3 per head and your welcome to use what you wish, it really is that simple!! Collecting these treasures and pretties (as I like to call them) is one of my most favourite things to do, this is one of my hobbies and this truly beautiful collection needs to be enjoyed!
What will I get for £3 per person?
I offer a matching or mismatched (your choice) true vintage tea cup and saucer, a side/cake plate, vintage teaspoon, small vintage fork and butter knife each. Plus one teapot, one milk jug & one sugar bowl with sugar tongs or spoon and a three tier cake stand between five people.
I will also chuck in any of the items from the list below for free…
- Cake slicers and large knifes
- Cake / side plates
- Extra three tier cake stands
- Glass Flat cake stands
- Large glass or china bowls
- Platter plates and eight inch plates
- Glass cake domes
- Champagne ice bucket
- Punch bowl and ladle
- Water jugs
- Flower jugs
- Chalk board 19″x 15″
- Crystal and glass candles sticks holders
- Candelabras, silver plated or stainless steel
- Table cloths (theses are only used for display purposes, i.e. under wedding, christening or birthday cake, rather than on dining tables)
- 15 litre urn to boil hot water (provided that the booking is over 20 guests)
- 10 x thicker china trios – cups, saucers, cake plates for older children to use so they dont get left out!
How long can I hire the china for?
The hire period is 3 days, however this can be extended subject to prior agreement and will be subject to an additional fee of 10% of the entire hire fee for each extra day.
Do you hire out to all types of events?
My vintage china collection is suitable for a wide range of occasions such as; weddings, birthdays, christenings, naming ceremonies, baby showers, mother’s day treats, posh picnics, tea dances, charity events, hen parties, retirement parties, funerals, corporate events and even for photo shoots!!
What areas do you cover?
Wanda Jean’s Vintage Tea Hire is based in Bristol.
Can I pick my items?
My website, Facebook page and Instagram are very visual and display much of my collection. You are more than welcome to request certain treasures if you wish!! But due to the large number of pretties I have I will typically ask for the theme of your occasion and pick the majority of the items for you. If you would really like a bespoke service i.e. selecting every item, an additional cost for £30 will be charged.
Does all the vintage china and cutlery match?
Regarding vintage china, it’s your choice! I have a large collection of beautiful trios (cup, saucer and cake plates) that match, or you can choose to have each item mismatched to give a truly eclectic feel. This provides an amazing look with vibrant colours and unusual shapes.
My cutlery is mismatched; you will receive a vintage teaspoon, a pretty cake fork or small fork and a butter knife or ornate knife. Go check out some of my pictures for a better idea!
Please note that my collection is truly vintage, it’s all pre-loved and some items may show signs of wear. Each item has been carefully selected by myself and free from cracks, stains, chips and damages, but the odd piece may have a slight defect in the glaze such as grit or crackling, this is a just part and parcel of the vintage-ness and as I said its in the odd pretty piece!
How do I wash the items?
You don’t! My hire price includes a washing up service.
Due to the fragile nature of my pretties and treasurers they are unsuitable for the dishwasher, I prefer to hand wash them myself to preserve the delicate designs and to ensure they are well wrapped and packed for my next customer to enjoy. I ask you wipe clean all surface from food or drink, swirl out the teapots and repack them safely.
All cutlery will be clean but you may wish to give it a quick buff when laying the table.
What happens if something gets broken, chipped or lost?
Accidents do happen, not as much as you would think… Its actually quite rare and its not the end of the world if they do, so no one will be in any trouble! In the event of a breakage, damaged item or loss, I will deduct the replacement cost from the refundable damages deposit. I believe my replacement costs are fair and reflect the time its takes for me to replace an item and the possible cost of postage.
- Cup, saucer or cake plate will be treated as a trio – £ 5.50
- One item of spoon, fork and knife will be charged at £2.00
- Cake slice, large knife or tea strainer will be charged at £4.50
- Sugar tong will be charged at £8.00
- Milk jug or sugar bowl will be charged at £4.50
- Water jug will be charged at £5.00
- Teapot will be charged at £15
- Cake stand will be charged at £18
- Platter will be charged at £10
- Glass bowl will be charged at £7.50
- Flower pot or flower jug will be charged at £5
- Glass candle holder will be charged at £4.00
- Candelabra will be charged at £15
- Punch bowl will be charged at £15
- Champagne bucket will be charged at £10
- Chalk board will be charged at £20
- Urn will be charged at £60
- Table cloth will be charged at £10 (theses are only used for display purposes, i.e. under wedding, christening or birthday cake, rather than on dining tables)
- Plastic tub will be charged at £10
- Bubble wrap and card dividers £20
Do you cater?
No sorry, but I know some talented, truly scrumptious, reliable, small independent businesses that do!! And I would be more than happy to put you in touch with them.
A LITTLE SWAP THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE Blog Post Single-use plastic free by the end of 2019 I am so lucky to live in such a supportive community... BS3 rocks! I put a call out on a local Facebook group early March, asking for help with my goal; I wanted to be...
07872 052 115
Vintage China Hire in Bristol.
Perfect for that special occasion.
Only £3 per person.
07872 052 115
Send me an Email